Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mt Banks Fire Trail

Spent the weekend in the Blue Mountains West of Sydney on the Mt Banks Fire Trail. Not far past the Mt Tomar Botanical Gardens on the Bells Line of Road, this fire trail offers superb views of the valley bellow and the surrounding sheer cliffs.

There is various tracks, one of which takes you to the peak of Mt Banks, while the main trail continues to the look out and beyound. Though the track is perfect for walking I decided to ride my mountain bike. There are a few hills but one can manage them very easily.

Make sure you have plenty of water and I'd suggest packing some snacks. On this occasion my friends and I stopped at the lookout and had lunch while enjoying the view. There is no shade at the lookout, so ensure you bring a hat. If you are there before midday you can shelter under one of the rocky outcrops, but take care as you are very close to s sheer drop.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment